Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hello!

Starting this blog is a whole new experience for me.  I have lots of interests but one is having a vibrant city nearby.  I mentioned in the 'about me section' that I lived out-of-state (and even out of the country) for awhile.  Detroit is my home though and I want to play a part in seeing it come back!  So help me.   Read my posts, join in the discussion, give ideas on what to do and how to help.  Here are some simple things that I am doing now:
1.  Spending my money in Detroit (date nights and family outings)
2.  Volunteering.  I really want to paint murals this summer.  They are pretty and creativity is really relaxing.  I have friends who want to join so feel free to reach out and ask for help!
3.  Talk about good experiences in Detroit.  It has a bad rap but its not all bad.
4.  Listen and learn.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite restaurant is in Detroit, Atlas. Atlas combines tastes from around the globe to create a truly exquisite culinary work of art. Their menu is constantly changing and evolving so there is always something new to try and to rave about. Atlas is on Woodward just south of Mack. I consider myself to be a crème brulee conosur and I have never had more fabulous crème brulee than at Atlas. Check them out, http://atlasglobalbistro.com/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will check it out. May need to add it to the "date night map"

      Delete