Thursday, March 29, 2012

Date Night #3: The Detroit Institute of Arts: Detroit Revealed 2000 - 2010 Exhibit

We went to the The Detroit Institute of Arts: Detroit Revealed 2000 - 2010 Exhibit today (and checked out the rest of the museum as well).  I truly enjoyed the Detroit Revealed exhibit.  It didn't brush over Detroit's problems but it also wasn't all about urban blight.  I, as an eternal optimist, visit Detroit and picture what was and what it can be.   The exhibit forced me to be a little more grounded and perhaps honest about what Detroit is today.

Photography and theater are my two favorite forms of art.  I liked that photography had a place at the DIA through the Detroit Revealed Exhibit.  I have often wondered why so many museums fail to recognize the art of photography.

How would you rank the DIA's collection?


Updated on April 1st, 2012 (date of museum visit)


No comments:

Post a Comment