Sunday, May 27, 2012

Detroit Bike Tour with Motor City Bike and Brew

Date Night #?  

(see date nights tab on blog for explanation of date night events)

Shortly after providing my husband with his Detroit Date Night Valentine's gift, I came across Wheelhouse Detroit Bike Tours.  I was so excited that instantly wrote my husband letting him know in bold large font that I really wanted to do a bike tour of Detroit.  My hubbie had secretly found a different bike tour company  and had been planning to surprise me later.  Romantic and sweet, yes...but let's talk about the tour that he still managed to surprise me with yesterday morning.

Motor City Bike and Brew:  Detroit Prohibition Tour


Entering the Dequindre Cut

Learning about a speak easy
The bike tours are led by the owner, Steve, with the aid of at least one helper (his wife, Laura, for our tour).  Steve obviously loves his job, people, and Detroit.  His enthusiasm combined with his research on the tour subject matter made the tour fun and engaging.  Despite the rain, we enjoyed biking Detroit and would definitely consider another tour.

The Prohibition Tour started at Motor City Brewing Works in midtown.  We wove through Wayne State's Campus, the River Walk, Dequindre Cut, and Belle Isle before taking a pass through Eastern Market and heading back to midtown for a lunch with local brews at Traffic Jam.  The entire tour was around 13 miles with several stops for prohibition history lessons.  The pace and length could be managed fairly easily by anyone in reasonable shape. 
Belle Isle
We will definitely head back to Detroit for some more biking as a couple and I will have my good camera in hand.  With the rain, I only brought my point and shoot.  I saw many great shots and can't wait to stop and try to capture them 'on film'.

I recommend Motor City Bike and Brew tours and suggest trying out urban biking in Detroit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment