Sunday, May 27, 2012

Date Night: Armandos in Mexican Town

My husband, Mike, and I take turns planning date nights.  It is free game to pull a heart off of the Valentine's Date Night map in order to get ideas.  Mike combined the map with a Living Social deal to take us to Detroit's Mexican Town last night.  We ate at Armandos on Vernor.  I was tempted to have ask him to write this blogpost since I must confess that I don't really like Mexican food and he loves it.  Remember that I made the Valentine's map and included Mexican Town so his date plans were not selfish.  The Mexican food was self-induced. 

Mike had never been to Mexican town.  He liked the experience but didn't think the food stood out as exceptional.  That being said, we will  probably go back and try another restaurant in the area.  My treat to him...and I do like Margaritas. 




Afterward, we drove around Corktown for awhile checking out the houses.  I was happy to see how many of the homes were inhabited.  If you aren't familiar with Detroit's neighborhoods, Corktown includes Slow's, the site of the old Tiger's stadium, and the train depot. 


Graffiti in Corktown



No comments:

Post a Comment